Canadian Solar Panel
Canadian Solar is the globally leading manufacturer of solar panels & comes on the TIER-1 rank list. They are also one of the largest publicly traded (since 2006) companies. Dr. Shawn Qu founded the company in 2001 in Canada.
The headquarter of Canadian Solar is based in Canada & manufacturing plants in Canada, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Brazil. Of which, the bulk of manufacturing facilities are located in China & Canada.
They currently have multiple subsidiaries in 6 continents and over 13000 employees in over 23 countries. Canadian Solar has the largest solar manufacturing plant with a capacity of 25 GW of solar panels & around 13 GW of solar cells (until the end of 2021). Recently Canadian Solar launched their heights Watt Peak panel in India named HiKu7 with 600+ WP capacity.
Canadian Solar has done more than 55 GW installations in more than 150 countries globally.
Since they are a manufacturer of solar panels as well as solar cells, they have consistently maintained the premium quality factor of their products.
Along with this, the solar modules are prepared from 100% automated machines. Canadian solar provided polycrystalline, mono PERC, bifacial panels in the Indian market. The efficiency of their solar panels is far better in comparison to other brands.
Canadian Solar Panel Prices
If we talk about the prices of solar panels, it depends on the panel’s technology. There are three types of panels available in the market: Polycrystalline, Monocrystalline & Mono PERC solar panels.
The efficiency of polycrystalline panels lies between 15 to 17%. Polycrystalline solar panels, which are available in the market, are from 300 to 370 watts. The price of these panels is lower than other panels.
Monocrystalline solar panel’s efficiency lies between 17 to 20%. These panels are from 330 to 375 watts available in the market. The price of these panels is average.
Mono PERC is the latest technology in solar modules. These solar panels come with cut cells, so the efficiency of these panels is maximum. The efficiency of these panels lies between 20 to 23%. The mono PERC solar panels that are available in the market are more than 400 watts.
Canadian solar uses the best technology for its modules. They provide MONO PREC cut cells solar panels up to 20.6% efficiency in India.
In 2015, Canadian Solar provided small polycrystalline solar panels of around 330 watts. The price of solar panels was between INR 47 to 52 / watt at that time. In 2016, Canadian Solar reduced the price of its solar panels to INR 42 to 44/watt, which further decreased significantly in 2018 to 30 to 32/watt.
If we look at the current prices of their solar panels in 2022, then these are much lower in comparison to 2015. Also, Canadian Solar currently offers Mono PERC solar panels with cut cells. And their polycrystalline solar panels also come with cut cell technology.
||INR 47 – 52/-
||INR 42 – 44/-
||INR 34 – 37/-
||INR 30 – 32/-
||INR 26 – 28/-
||INR 22 – 24/-
||INR 28 – 30/-
|INR 34 – 38/-
**Note: Above price of the Canadian Solar Panel (including 5% GST & 1% transportation) can vary +/- 10-20% depending on location and project size.
If you are from the solar sector as EPC Player, Solar Developer, Solar Installer, Dealer & Distributor, etc then you must know about the certifications of Indian solar panel manufacturers. These certifications are mandatory to meet the checklist of big solar projects like government tenders, Ground Mounted Solar System, Solar Subsidy, etc.
- BIS – Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the mandatory certification of any electronic products, such as solar panel who wants to sell in the Indian market. It checks the safety, quality, performance, and other parameters of the product.
- CE – Certificate of Registration (CE) is also a mandatory certification of any electronic products, such as solar panel who wants to sell in the International Market.
- DCR Cell – Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) is also mandatory for government tenders, such as Rooftop Solar Subsidy, Water Pump, Street Light Tender, etc.
Research & Development
- Their panels power up to 670 Watts.
- They have 2,016 authorized patents worldwide (till 2020 end).
- Canadian Solar has around 595 experienced researchers in their R&D department.
- In March 2020, the Canadian solar R&D team developed an n-type multi-crystalline silicon solar cell with an efficiency of 23.81%.
Canadian Solar Awards
- Tier 1 Solar Company By Bloomberg New Energy From 2017 To 2020
- Leading Company In Photon Pv Triathalon 2017
- The Best Pv Module Manufacturer Award In Brazil By Smart Energy 2016.
- No. 1 Silicon Module Solar Plant Developer By Greentech Media Research In 2017
- Best Structured Project Bond Award By Environmental Finance 2017.
- Two Deal Of The Year Awards From Power Finance & Risk In 2018.
- Intersolar North America 2012 Solar Project Award Finalist.
Projects of Canadian Solar
- 309 MW / Utility Solar Plant in Tamil Nadu
- 78 MW / Utility Solar Plant in Goyalri, Rajasthan, India
How Can We Help?
Hope this information about the Canadian Solar panels is helpful to you.
If you are planning to buy solar panels, you can connect with Ornate Solar to get the best prices of the Canadian Solar Panels/ Modules series (HiKu MONO, HiKu Series, KuMax Series). We are the exclusive official partner of Canadian Solar panels in India.
For more information, please give us a call at 011 4353 6666.