Did you know that the C&I segment of India accounts for 70-80% of rooftop solar installations in the country? And one sector that is particularly benefiting from this clean energy resource is that of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
Studies show that installing solar panels on the rooftops have helped MSMEs cut their operational cost by as much as 20%!
A 250kW solar capacity is common in this particular group. But before we get into the details, let’s understand why so many businesses are opting for solar energy systems.
Benefits of Solar Energy for Businesses
1. Cost Savings: The most obvious reason for choosing solar energy is the cost savings on electricity bills. Solar plants can also act as a buffer against future tariff hikes.
2. Reliable Resource: Studies have shown that solar panels have a minuscule failure rate of 0.05%. Solar plants have a long life span of 25-30 years, allowing businesses to produce clean energy over a significant period of time.
3. Low Maintenance: Solar power plants hardly require any maintenance apart from basic cleaning to remove accumulated dust and debris.
4. Finance Options: In today’s time, there are many financing options available for setting up solar plants. This is especially helpful for organizations that want to go green, but cannot spare the capital for the investment.
5. Improved Goodwill: Consumers and other stakeholders are increasingly gravitating toward businesses with good sustainability portfolios. Switching to a clean energy resource reduces a company’s carbon footprint and helps build community goodwill.
Cost of a 250kW Solar Plant
The cost of a solar plant will depend on many factors like the brand of solar equipment, location of the plant, type of solar installation, etc. For example, an on-grid solar plant that works in conjunction with the utility grid costs less than an off-grid system that requires a battery backup. Moreover, the type of inverter you opt for will also affect the cost of the system.
But if we consider approximate numbers, then the per-watt price of a traditional on-grid PV system would be between ₹47-50/watt. Thus, the estimated cost of the 250kW solar energy system would be around ₹1.17- 1.25 Crore.
However, if you are buying a system with advanced optimization technology like SolarEdge power optimizers, the cost will increase. With the saving on energy bills, one can recover the cost in 4-5 years.
Incentives and Benefits
The central government does not provide any subsidy for a system of this capacity as it falls under C&I installations. But, consumers can claim an accelerated depreciation benefit with this system. This allows individuals to depreciate their solar assets at a faster rate and claim a tax benefit.
Moreover, certain states of India also offer net metering facilities in this capacity bracket. Through this facility, consumers can sell their surplus solar energy to DISCOMs and get compensated for it.
Area Required for a 250kW System
A 1kW rooftop solar system requires approximately 100-130 sq. ft. of shadow-free roof space. By this account, a 250kW system would require an area of 25,000-32,500 sq. ft. However, these numbers are not fixed. A similar capacity system would require a larger land space.
An integrated solar roof solution like Ornate InRoof significantly reduces these area requirements. The structure incorporates solar panels into the roof itself and accommodates 26% more panels in the same area.
The solar InRoof can be customized for all roof types and sizes.
Project Report: 225kW PV System for Aman-I-Khas
Aman-I-Khas, a unique tented resort located in the north-western outskirts of Jaipur, has installed a 225kW solar power plant to improve sustainability and meet its energy needs.
The power plant generates 1090 units in a day and 32,700 units in a month. As a result, the resort can save up to ₹2,77,950 per month with their ₹8.5/unit electricity tariff cost.
Recent 250kW Solar Installations
|Madhu Silica Pvt Ltd||Bhavnagar, Gujarat||243 kW|
|Teerthanker Mahaveer University||Moradabad, UP||240 kW|
|Muglani Paper Mills||Amritsar, Punjab||278 kW|
|Tirupati Foam Limited||Gandhi Nagar, Delhi||249 kW|
About Ornate Solar
Ornate Solar is one of the leading solar companies in India. We have partnered with the best in-class global solar brands to provide you with a trustable, affordable, and reliable range of solar panels, inverters, and solar accessories.
We have also launched India’s first integrated Solar Roof, Ornate InRoof. If you are looking for a traditional or InRoof solar solution for your business, reach out to discuss your options and get a quote.
For more information, give us a call at 011 4353 6666.
You Are Guiding The Nation And Did A Splendid Job
I Need Your Help In This Field. Your Content Is Very Helpful and Provides A Lot Of Knowledge And Gives A Better Idea For Beginners To Understand.